Who doesn't love Falafel. If you don't, you're really missing out! As you may know, here at MOSSUM we love to cook. And when we cook, we never leave out our Sea Moss #seamoss
. Like we say, there is no wrong way to Eat.Drink.Sea Moss. This time we included #mossumseamoss (it) when we made Falafel. An easy to make and even easier to eat recipe from Yummy Mummy Kitchen. Plus it's gluten free. They bake nice and slightly crunchy, not dry at all. Join us in making this recipe and have fun sharing it with family and friends.
INGREDIENTS: - 2 cups dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans, NOT canned) - 6 cups water - 2 cups roughly chopped white onion - 1 cup fresh cilantro - 1 cup Italian parsley - 8 cloves garlic - 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice - 1 tablespoon ground cumin - 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste - 1 teaspoon black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper - 1/2 teaspoon baking soda - cooking spray or olive oil
- 3 tbsp MOSSUM Raw Chopped Sea Moss
- Humus for dipping
**Place dried chickpeas in a large bowl. Cover with the water and let soak 8 hours or overnight. When you are ready, drain the chickpeas.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Make sure your herbs and chickpeas are not still wet from rinsing.
2. Place the onion, cilantro, parsley, and garlic in the bowl of a large food processor. Pulse until well chopped. Add the drained chickpeas, lemon juice, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne, Sea Moss and baking soda and continue to pulse until all ingredients are coarsely chopped. If your food processor is small, pulse in batches. 3. Shape the falafel dough into 2 to 3 inch disks. You can really make them any size. Larger works well for “burgers” and smaller for salads and wraps.
4. Coat a large pan over medium high heat with cooking spray or a tablespoon of olive oil. Carefully place the falafel into the pan and cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add more cooking spray or olive oil as needed so falafel don’t stick.
5. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake falafel for 7-10 minutes.
6. Enjoy with humus.