Updated: Sep 8
Soup's up! What soup? Gypsy soup! Talk about sweet and savory with a bit a of heat! It's so good, we served it in a cup. You're going to love soup even more after you've made it, we boldly predict. Big thanks to All Recipes for posting it.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil - 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery - 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons paprika or cayenne
- 2 tbsp MOSSUM Raw Chopped Sea Moss
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
Directions: 1. Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic, celery and sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
2. Season with paprika, turmeric, basil, salt, cinnamon, cayenne, and bay leaf. Stir to blend.
3. Stir in chicken stock and tamari or soy sauce. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. 4. Add tomatoes, garbanzo beans, green pepper and Sea Moss to the soup, and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are tender.
5. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.